Training for the #swimathon15 #blogsquad not only means I have swapped my running for swimming for a few weeks, but also dealing with water in my ears, and that can sometimes drive me crazy!
I do all the known tricks to get the water out of my ears, like standing and jumping on one leg and leaning my head to one side, I try to pressurise my ears or I chew a chewing gum. Most of the times these little tricks work, but not always and then it can take sometimes even days to get rid of this very unpleasant feeling.
During our last holiday in Egypt, I did lots of snorkeling and the result was that I finished up having water in my ears all the time and once it was so bad and driving me mad that I was in tears.
Thanks to twitter I have been approached by Auritech, who specialise in hearing protectors and they have sent me a few pairs of their protectors to check out.
I have started using the Auritech Water Sports Hearing Protectors, and my problem is solved. How easy is that? No more water in my ears and can hear normally! They also come with a little storage case, so I will never lose them!
- Keeps water out
- Optimum protection against water
- Helps prevent swimmer’s/surfer’s ear
- Allows conversation – no muffling
- Ideal for swimming, snorkelling, water-skiing, etc.
Regular water contact inside the ear can cause bacterial build-up, irritation and damage. Protecting the middle ear and ear drum from water contact with hearing protectors is therefore recommended.
Developed over 20 years by leading audiology experts, Auritech WATER SPORTS Hearing Protectors are superior to traditional foam, wax or silicone earplugs. Comfortable and suitable for all ages, water is prevented from entering the ear while swimming, snorkelling, surfing etc.
Precision-tuned, patented ceramic sound filters also filter out annoying or loud background noise, yet allow you to listen clearly to surrounding conversation without a muffled effect.
1. Patented Venturi shaped sound channel through centre of filter, uniquely formed for each product in the range
2. Precision-tuned, patented ceramic filter positioned deeper in your ear than other products, for maximum protection
3. Allows normal conversation, while effectively turning down volume on other noise with no muffling (occlusion) effect
4. Unique tri-sectional design for ultimate comfort, suitable for all ages (nominal diameter range 6–12mm
5. Silicone-free, hypoallergenic thermoplastic for ultimate comfort
For the latest competition I have teamed up with Auritech who will be giving away a pair of their MUSIC and SLEEP protectors. If you would like to enter, please follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter widget below.
UK entries only!
a Rafflecopter giveaway