September is always the month I return fully to all my fitness routines as both my daughters head back to school. This year despite COVID was no different, and we all were super excited about returning to “kind off” normal back to school life. At the beginning of this month, I was invited to become a member of the Schwinn IC8 cycling team and have been offered a chance to win the Schwinn IC8 indoor exercise bike after completing their #SeptemberSchwinnChallenge challenge. I KNOW!!!
During the lockdown, I often went running and cycling on the road with my hubby and managed to become a much more confident cyclist. Then we went away for the summer holiday, and now I am slowly getting back in the saddle, and that’s why I thought that this challenge would be a great help!
Tom Holland has created a bespoke fitness plan for me to stick to for a total of 10 DAYS to get me fighting fit and ready to take on cycling.
THE #SeptemberSchwinnChallenge WORKOUT:
- Bodyweight exercises only. No equipment required.
- Each workout begins with 30 second warm-up of running in place
4. Stationary Lunge
1. Plank: Begin with 15 seconds and add 5 seconds each day. Take breaks if/when you need.
2. Squat: 10 each day for the first 5 days, then add 1 more each day starting on Day 6.
3. Push-Up: 10 each day for the first 5 days, then add 1 more each day starting on Day 6. On knees or toes.
4. Stationary Lunge: 10 each day for the first 5 days, then add 1 more starting on Day 6.
5. Burpee: 5 each day for the first 5 days, then add 1 more each day starting on Day 6.
More advanced exerciser? Try doing 2-3 rounds of each workout each day!
How Was The Challenge?
If you follow me on Instagram ( check out the REELS tab too) and Twitter, you could have seen my daily updates on how I got on with the #SeptemberSchwinnChallenge. I have to say that at the beginning I was finding these quite hard, especially the burpees ( I have never thought these could make me out of breath ).
Then I was getting more and more into it, and started enjoying the challenge more and more every day. After pushing myself and repeating the workout 2 – 3 times a day, I could tell my body was getting used to it and getting stronger.
This challenge was something that was missing in my fitness routines and I have continued with this new workout routines on the days after my runs since then.
Are you up for this challenge? There is always time to start, is doesn’t have to be September! Let me know, would love to hear your thoughts!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.