The summer is almost over, and when would be the best time to stop worrying about covering infected toe nais and get them treated?
I know, this is not the most romantic topic to talk about. On the other hand, how many of you have suffered a fungal nail infection or other toe nail issues at some point in your life and have felt embarrassed by it?
Fungal nail infections (onychomycosis) usually start as a white or yellow streak under the tip of your finger or toenail.
You may begin to feel uncomfortable or experience pain as the infection spreads – your infected nail usually changes appearance and becomes brittle, discoloured, and crumbles easily.
Fungal nail infections are contagious, and although it can be embarrassing it is important for you to treat it as soon as you spot the symptoms because it will not clear up on its own.
They are easy to catch in places where you’re barefoot, such as changing rooms or swimming pools, or via unsterilised equipment in nail and beauty salons.
If you touch someone who is infected and you forget to wash your hands, it’s easy to develop an infection. Sharing contaminated objects such as towels, bed sheets and clothing can also spread the infection.
Common symptoms of fungal nail infection are :
- White or yellow streaks on the nail
- Thick, rough, or brittle nail
- Loss of luster and shine
- Crumbling or jagged nail edges
- Loosening or lifting up of the nail
- Change in nail shape
- Debris trapped under the nail
Last year I also suffered with a toe nail infection. It was not nice, and I did paint over it over and over again. It was my pedicurist who suggested I really had to treat it, as it was a fungal nail infection.
For the latest competition I have teamed-up with Canespro, who specialise in treating fungal nail infections, and have come up with Canespro Fungal Nail Treatment Set, which is clinically proven to remove the infected parts of the nail in 2-3 weeks.
Applied daily, Canespro urea 40% ointment softens the infected part of the nail, which can then gradually be removed with the plastic tool provided in the set, leaving the healthy parts intact. No other over the counter fungal nail product works faster.
One pack contains a 10g tube of Canespro urea 40% ointment, 1 plastic tool and 22 waterproof plasters.
One pack is sufficient to treat 1 big toenail or 2 small nails.
Stop painting over your fungal nail – treat now!
Not happy? Get your Money Back. Canespro have a money back offer available now until 31st July 2017 so if you’re not completely satisfied with the results after using Canespro, you can claim a full refund of your purchase.
Canespro Fungal Nail Treatment Set is widely available from Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, independent chemists and other major retailers, including Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Waitrose and Sainsbury’s.
“When did you last hide your toes?”
To be in with a chance of winning a Bannatyne Spa Experience for two (up to a value of £500), you need to share your memories of your most embarrassing toe stories via the Rafflecopter widget below!
UK & Ireland 18+ entries only!
The prize for this competition is supplied by Canespro. The competition is arranged by an external company, therefore once the winner is chosen, they will liaise with the winner and organise accordingly.
Win a Bannatyne Spa Experience for Two up to a Value of £500
- Return travel for two people to winner’s choice of Bannatyne Spa
- Gelish on hands treatment and manicure for two people
- Gelish on feet treatment and pedicure for two people
- £60 Bannatyne treatment voucher for winner to use on additional treatment of choice
- Use of health club facilities for two people. Including:
- Indoor swimming pool
- Steam room
- Spa Tub
- Lunch for two people at winner’s choice of restaurant
Competition terms and conditions:
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland. The competition is open to entrants over the age of 18 only.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted as a comment on the blog post or via the bloggers given email address. Entrants should include their own name and relevant contact information i.e. email address.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date to be stated by the blogger
5. Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Bayer to feature any or all of the submitted story in consumer press and Bayer company publications, on their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
6. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
7. The winning entry will be chosen by Pegasus. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
8. Offensive or entries deemed by the competition organisers to be inappropriate or not in relation to the competition will not be accepted and removed from the blogsite.
9. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact each winner but if the prize is declined or unclaimed by a winner, or if a winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied, a replacement winner will be selected at the Promoter’s discretion and will be notified by the Promoter by phone or email. The original entry/nomination will then be forfeited. Employees of the Promoter and blogger’s families are not eligible for entry into this competition. Any third parties involved in the preparation and/or performance of this competition are also not eligible.
10. The winning entry will win: a spa day including a luxury manicure and pedicure for two adults (over 18 years) with return travel to spa closest to winner’s home, up to the value of £500. No cash alternative will be given. The prize will also include access to spa facilities, lunch for 2 adults at the spa venue and a £60 Bannatyne treatment voucher for the winner to use on an additional treatment of their choice. The winners may be required to take part in publicity. Travel is subject to availability at the destination of the organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays and Bank Holidays. Travel will be in the form of allowance. Lunch will be based on two adults enjoying a two course meal from the a la carte menu including half bottle of house wine, mineral water and coffee. Restaurant reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking. Spa treatments are subject to change and availability at the time of booking. Some treatments may not be suitable for people with certain medical conditions and will be substituted for a safe alternative should this be the case. Bannatyne Spa Gift Cards can only be used at Bannatyne Spa’s as part or full payment for goods and services. Gift Cards are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. Spa and fitness may vary at each venue. All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of initial correspondence with them.
11. Events may occur that render the competition itself, or the awarding of the prize, impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
12. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
13. This competition prize is provided by Canespro as part of their “2016” campaign
14. Canespro has not influenced the content of this piece
15. “The competition is promoted by Pegasus (www.thisispegasus.co.uk). Bayer is providing the prizes on behalf of Canespro.”