Just over 7 weeks ago I revealed I was taking part in Seven Seas Perfect7 challenge, to see if cutting out coffee would have any impact on looking and feeling younger.
I have also been taking their Perfect7 supplements, which contain not only all the vital vitamins but also marine oils and folic acid ( very important for pregnant ladies!).
When I was asked to choose what would be a challenge for me, I knew that cutting out coffee would be number one my list!
I do love my coffee. A few years ago we bought our first Nespresso machine after having it recommended by one of my husband’s work colleagues, and I can only say that once you go Nespresso, you never want to drink anything else!
As a professional blogger, most of the time working from home, I used to be indulging in having 3- 5 coffees a day, and of course as a fitness and health blogger I knew that something had to be done about it.
Why cutting out coffee?
The Seven Seas Perfect7 study found younger-looking people had the lowest intake of caffeine. The celeb facialist Nuz Shugaa also confirms the unwanting effects of caffeine :
- Caffeine has been known to cause mood swings so cutting it out might improve this
- Restless nights can also be a sign of too much caffeine either in coffee, soda, energy drinks and food
- We don’t really realise how much caffeine does to our body until we give it up
- Millions of people are addicted to caffeine in some way, whether it be from coffee to energy drinks, so giving up caffeine will give you some life changing improvements
- You will feel a lot healthier. I find on my clients, especially actors, don’t need that boost of caffeine in coffee and energy drinks to get them to feel alive
- A great alternative would be with fresh juices containing healthy vegetables and fruit instead of caffeine. These also contain essential nutrients which are vital for the skin
- Multivitamin supplements also help with improving your skin’s appearance. It’s a must, especially if you’re giving up caffeine. This will not only help your skin to look and feel better but it will give your body the energy it needs. My favourite has to be Seven Seas Perfect7, available for men and women
- Skin normally looks dull and tired if you are having caffeine in your diet. It doesn’t matter what great skincare regime you use, the caffeine will work against you from the inside out
- I’ve found it can also cause anxiety and raise stress levels which can cause a hormonal imbalance
What have I learnt from this challenge?
I think the first few days were actually not as bad as I expected. I cut out coffee completely and went back to drinking some hot water with lemon or lime every morning. I thought I would be missing the caffeine rush after having coffee the first thing in the morning, but was nicely surprised it was not the case. I enjoyed swapping my morning coffee for much healthier option of hot water with lemon, and was and still am looking forward to it every morning.
It’s all about how much you really want to make the changes. Of course I was craving coffee when we went to a cafe, and could not resist the divine smell which I absolutely adore. When I was desperate, I went for the decaf option.
During my challenge I felt I was actually much less anxious and felt somehow more relaxed. I had a few comments from friends on me looking very pretty, even a question if I was expecting that I just glow? Well, I am not pregnant, and really think that quitting coffee and taking Perfect7 does make a difference to your skin, hair, nails and your mood.
This is me now, do I look younger? Not sure, but I am more balanced and relaxed, and not addicted to quantities of coffees every day.
I also have to admit, that despite all these changes I cannot completely cut out coffee out of my life as I love it so much. I have restricted myself to a maximum of 1 coffee a day, no more. I do not get caffeine in any other form except coffee, so if you do, also consider cutting out those.
I wish you a good luck. If I could do it, you can too, just need to stay strong and believe you can do it, and you will!
Linking to Share the Joy Linky