Every January my Twitter feed fills up with other people’s new year’s resolutions. I tend not to make new year’s resolutions, but understand that many people take it as an opportunity to start something new and mainly to start living a healthier and happier life.
I hope that these will last for longer than just a few days or weeks, and am wishing a good luck to anyone who has made a new year resolution this year!
For this reason I am extra pleased to be sharing a wonderful book about yoga, which is one of the things that has been on my “to do more” list for ages. I am really hoping to squeeze into my fitness routines much more of it this year!
The book I am talking about is THE MODERN YOGA BIBLE: The Definitive Guide to Yoga Today by Christina Brown
Godsfield (£14.99), which will be out on 12 January 2017!
What can you expect?
• Discover modern yoga practices and techniques to increase flexibility and strength, relieve stress and calm the mind.
• A step-by-step guide to active flowing sequences (vinyasa flow yoga), slower, more restorative floor-based postures (yin yoga) and meditation
• Advice for beginners as well as expert tips for yogis wishing to deepen their practice
• How to combine poses to create your own complete and balanced home yoga experience
• Guidance on how to modify poses to suit your individual needs and experiences
Yoga brings not only a suppleness to the body but also a sense of well-being to those who practise it. Featuring over 350 postures from the main schools of yoga, The Modern Yoga Bible is the ultimate step-by-step guide to active flowing sequences, slower, more restorative floor-based postures (yin-yoga) and meditation.
From luscious limbering to blissful backbends, this book offers beginners and expert yogis alike tips to on how to deepen their practice and modify poses to suit their individual needs and experiences. Learn to utilise body, energy and mind to find a yoga philosophy tailored to modern life.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Internationally renowned teacher and bestselling author Christina Brown has been teaching yoga since 1996. Christina’s practice is inspired by the traditions of BKS Iyengar, Astanga Vinyasa, Yoga Synergy, Judith Lasater and more, and she has received teachings by renowned yoga teachers from around the world.
Christina teaches from her studio in Sydney, Australia and also runs highly acclaimed teacher-training programmes, yoga retreats and workshops. She is the author of several books on yoga, including The Yoga Bible (Godsfield), which has sold more than 250,000 copies globally since its publication in 2013 and been translated into a dozen languages.
Please follow the simple rules below. I am very excited about reading all your fitness & health posts. This linky is open for 1 month, so come back regularly to see new posts every Tuesday and get inspired!
1. Link up your fitness & health posts (up to 4, new or old), and comment on this post
2. Add my badge or place a link back to Fitness4Mamas.com
3. Read and comment on other blog posts that are part of #FitnessTuesday linky.
4. If you promote your link on Twitter, don’t forget to add #FitnessTuesday @Fitness4Mamas so I can RT and promote your link too!
Fitness Tuesday badge
Copy and paste this HTML code into your blog post:
For the latest giveaway I’ve teamed up with Octopus Books who are offering 3 books for Fitness 4 Mamas readers! If you would like to enter, please follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter widget below.
UK & Ireland 18+ only!